News Sections
Audio
Prosecutor Will Seek Death Penalty In Shooting Deaths
Updated July 27, 2016 7:06 AM | Filed under: Crime
 Print    Archive    RSS

(INDIANAPOLIS) - A central Indiana prosecutor says he will seek the death penalty in the case of a 19-year-old Indianapolis man charged with fatally shooting three people over four days in May.

Marion County Prosecutor Terry Curry said at a news conference Tuesday that Johnathan Cruz killed the three "for sport," describing the killings as "beyond senseless." Curry says Cruz based the killings on the horror movie "The Purge," which is about one day a year when murder is legal. Cruz has pleaded not guilty in the shootings of Billy Boyd and Jay Higginbotham on May 12 and Jose Ruiz on May 15.

According to court documents, detectives said a witness told them that Cruz confessed he had been "purging" by shooting and robbing people.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2017 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback