News Sections
Audio
Electrical Issue Sparks Columbus Garage Fire
Updated June 4, 2016 1:19 PM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(COLUMBUS) - Columbus firefighters responded to an electrical fire in a garage Friday morning.

Columbus Fire Dept. Captain Mike Wilson says that firefighters were called to 1926 North Cherry Street at 9:53 a.m., after a resident discovered the blaze.

Wilson says that firefighters arrived on the scene and found a one-story detached garage with flames visible inside the building. Firefighters deployed a hand line from the engine and quickly extinguished the flames. During the investigation, Wilson says that firefighters found that the garage's circuit breaker had been tripped during the incident. Investigators believe an overload of the electrical circuits contributed to the fire.

Wilson says that damage to contents and the structure are estimated at $6,000. He adds that fire investigators have ruled the fire as accidental and noted that no one was hurt.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2017 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback