News Sections
Audio
Natural Gas Leak Causes Explosion, Blows Walls Off Home
Updated May 8, 2016 8:50 AM
 Print    Archive    RSS

(MONTICELLO) - Authorities in northwest Indiana say a natural gas leak caused an explosion that blew the walls off a home where three people were sleeping. No one was seriously hurt.

The blast happened early Saturday in Monticello, scattering debris in the road and yard.

Fire Capt. Robert Hickman says a gas meter was on fire and firefighters had to quickly extinguish it by shutting off the gas supply before searching for anyone trapped inside.

WLFI-TV reports that the three adults asleep inside at the time of the explosion were able to make it out before firefighters arrived.

One of them suffered minor burns but refused medical treatment.

Hickman says a preliminary investigation found no evidence of illegal activity.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2017 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback