News Sections
Audio
Fire At Mooresville Restaurant Caused By Lightning Strike
Updated March 28, 2016 12:37 PM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(MOORESVILLE) - Fire broke out at a Mooresville restaurant Sunday night, and it may have been started by a lightning strike.

Authorities confirmed the attic fire at Gray Brothers Cafeteria at 550 N. Indiana Street was actually the second fire at that business Sunday. The first was in an air handler, also in the attic. Employees put that one out themselves.

Investigators believe the second fire was either from a lightning strike or power surge. Either way, it is believed to be connected to Sunday's storms.

The building was not heavily damaged and no one was hurt, but smoke did get into the main part of the building.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2017 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback