News Sections
Audio
Columbus Firefighters Rescue 18 Pets From Burning Home
Updated February 27, 2016 10:03 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(COLUMBUS) - Firefighters in Columbus rescued at least 18 pets from a burning home Thursday night.

The fire started around 9 p.m. Thursday in the 2100 block of Park Avenue in East Columbus.

Everyone inside the home was able to make it out safely, but told firefighters that eight cats, eight kittens and two dogs were still inside. One cat died in the fire, but firefighters revived others with oxygen.

Linda Galbraith got a call while she was at church Thursday night. After learning her family got out alive, she wanted to know if her pets did, too.

Firefighters say the fire started from an overloaded power strip in the living room. Damage from the fire has forced the family stay with relatives, who are now helping nurse the kittens back to health.

Galbraith is grateful that firefighters rescued most of her family's pets and hopes the public will help provide loving homes for them, especially kittens from the new litter. She hopes to hear from people on Facebook who are willing to take in one of her kittens.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2017 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback