News Sections
Audio
60 Goats Killed In Barn Fire
Updated January 19, 2016 11:49 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS
goat fire.jpg

(PITTSBORO) - Goats, not people, were the main concern in a fire early Tuesday morning in Pittsboro.

WISH reports, firefighters were called to the 5200 block of N. 250 East after a neighbor noticed a barn on fire and alerted the owners.

Owners said they tried to get a door open to save the 60 goats inside, but because the smoke was too thick, they couldn't. As a result of the fire, the owners said all 60 goats were killed.

One firefighter was hurt in the fire and was transported to a local hospital.

The owners think it was an electrical fire started by heat lamps inside the barn, which is more than 50 years old.

Emergency crews were still trying to get the fire under control nearly three hours after it began at 7:15 a.m. Avon, Pittsboro, Brownsburg and Center Grove fire departments all responded to the scene.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2017 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback