News Sections
Audio
Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Blamed For Sickening Workers
Updated December 8, 2015 7:58 AM
 Print    Archive    RSS

(MIDDLEBURY) - A northern Indiana factory was evacuated as several workers taken to a hospital to be checked out for possible carbon monoxide poisoning.

Emergency crews were called about 7 a.m. Monday to a Forest River recreational vehicle plant in Middlebury after workers started feeling ill. WNDU-TV and WSBT-TV report five people were taken by ambulance to the hospital, with at least a dozen others taken by bus.

Middlebury Fire Chief Jeff Wogman says a furnace exhaust system had rusted through, causing fumes to go directly into the building. He says many workers were suffering from headaches, nausea and other symptoms.

About 140 people were working in the plant some 30 miles east of South Bend when it was evacuated.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2017 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback