News Sections
Audio
Muncie Man Sentenced To 30 Years
Updated November 6, 2014 9:41 AM | Filed under: Crime
 Print    Archive    RSS

(MUNCIE) - A Muncie man whose 2007 murder conviction was thrown out has been sentenced to 30 years in prison for voluntary manslaughter.

Thirty-four-year-old James D. Roberson III was sentenced Wednesday under a plea agreement for the 2006 shooting death of 22-year-old Antron Dushaun Young outside a convenience store.

The Star Press reports Roberson shot Young after Young had struck the defendant in the face. He said Wednesday the shooting "was very uncalled for and unnecessary."

"No one deserves that, no matter the situation," Roberson said. "I really felt like I let a lot of people down."

Roberson was serving a 55-year term for murder when the Indiana Court of Appeals threw out the conviction in February 2013 because final instructions read to jurors had been improperly worded.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File