News Sections
Parents Charged With Son's Death
Updated August 27, 2014 7:14 AM | Filed under: Crime
 Print    Archive    RSS

(SYRACUSE) - The parents of a 12-year-old who was found dead hours after he died of carbon monoxide poisoning have been charged in Kosciusko County.

34-year-old Darrick W. Spore and 34-year-old Candy S. Chamness, both of Syracuse, were charged with neglect of a dependent and reckless homicide, according to the affidavit for probable cause.

On June 28, police were called to the 200 block of West Washington Street in Syracuse on a subject not breathing. Court documents said while police were responding, dispatch received a call that people inside the house were manufacturing methamphetamine and had two generators running.

Police arrived and found Skyler Spore in an upstairs bedroom dead. Police said both Spore and Chamness, the parents of the child, tested positive for methamphetamine in their system when their son died.

According to court documents, electricity had been disconnected and the parents placed generators in the basement and inside the porch area.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File