(ANDERSON) - Eight people were arrested Wednesday night in connection with a heroin distribution ring, police say.
The Madison County Drug Task Force says it was the county's largest heroin distribution and sales network, and the third largest cocaine distribution and sales arrest in the history of the task force. The investigation took six months and uncovered an operation that went from New York to Indiana.
Police served a search warrant at an apartment on Clear Water Lane in Indianapolis, where they found three pounds of heroin, half a kilo of cocaine and $100,000 in cash.
Investigators say the bust will make a difference in the fight against illegal narcotics in Madison County. More arrests may be forthcoming.
Agencies assisting the Madison County DTF are: DEA, U.S. Attorney's Office, Southern District, ISP, Madison County Sheriff's Department, Hamilton/Boone County DTF, and the Elwood Police Department. Anyone who has information concerning the sale of narcotics in their area are asked to call the Madison County Drug Taskforce at (765) 648.6796.
The defendants face various charges including dealing in a narcotic drug, manufacturing a narcotic drug and corrupt business influence. Charged in the case are:
· Shaunette Yvonne Brooks, age 36, of Indianapolis
· Jerome Dixon, age 42 of Indianapolis
· Jessica Rose Inholt, age 25, of Anderson
· Brian C. Deweese, age 41,of Anderson
· Jayme Michelle Dollens, age 22 of Pendleton
· Bobby Wayne Moore, age 64 of Anderson
· Jon Robert Niccum, age 38 of Anderson
· James Alexis Dixon, age 44 of New York
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to email@example.com