News Sections
Columbus Woman Burned When Candle Ignites Spray Paint Fumes
Updated August 19, 2014 11:47 AM
 Print    Archive    RSS

(COLUMBUS) - Authorities say a central Indiana woman suffered flash burns when a candle ignited spray paint fumes inside a closet.

Columbus Fire Department Capt. Mike Wilson says Sabrina Frasier told firefighters she was painting the closet Monday when the odor intensified and she decided to light a candle. Wilson tells The Republic that the paint vapors ignited when she re-entered the closet carrying the candle.

Frasier was taken to the burn unit at Eskenazi Hospital in Indianapolis, where she was listed in good condition.

Fire damage was limited to the closet.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File