News Sections
Candles Blamed For Early Morning Fire
Updated August 20, 2014 6:55 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(NOBLESVILLE) - Noblesville firefighters say candles are to blame for a blaze that did $65,000 in damage to a home early this morning.

They say the fire started in the dining room of the home of Charles Jones. Jones told them he lit the candles after his power went out due to thunderstorms.

He told authorities he went to bed and forgot to put out the candles. They say he woke up when smoke alarms went off and he called 911.

Jones is fine. No other injuries were reported.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File