(INDIANAPOLIS) - Good news for Josh Kaufman fans. You'll be able to catch The Voice Season 6 champion in August at the Indiana State Fair.
The fair announced Monday that it was adding Josh to its Free Stage line-up. He will perform Aug. 7.
Some fans were lamenting that The Voice tour skips Indianapolis. The closest location is Chicago on July 16th at the Chicago Theatre. This is your chance to catch Josh on his home turf!
The up-to-date rundown of Free Stage concerts and events includes:
- Aug. 1: BritBeat
- Aug. 2: Nashville stars Charles Esten and Clare Bowen (7:30 p.m.)
- Aug. 3: Hispanic/Latino Music Festival presented by Honda featuring Stacy Sandoval (10 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
- Aug. 4: Bridgit Mendler
- Aug. 5: Dustin Lynch presented by HANK-FM and Royal Pin Leisure Centers (7:30 p.m.)
- Aug. 6: Eric Paslay & Kelleigh Bannen presented by HANK-FM and Royal Pin Leisure Centers (7:30 p.m.)
- Aug. 7: Josh Kaufman presented by WZPL and Kaplan University
- Aug. 8: Maggie Rose (6 p.m.); Brothers Osborne (7:30 p.m.); and Chase Rice (9 p.m.) presented by WFMS
- Aug. 9: Dylan Scott presented by WFMS (5 p.m.); Dakota Bradley presented by WFMS (6 p.m.)
- Aug. 10: Contemporary Christian Music Fest featuring Rend Collective Experiment (2 to 9 p.m.)
- Aug. 11: Barenaked Ladies (7:30 p.m.)
- Aug. 12: "Happy Together Tour" with The Turtles featuring Flo & Eddie; Chuck Negron formerly of Three Dog Night; Mark Farner formerly of Grand Funk Railroad; Mitch Ryder & The Detroit Wheels; and Gary Lewis & The Playboys (7 p.m.)
- Aug. 13: America and Nitty Gritty Dirt Band (7:30 p.m.)
- Aug. 14: The Temptations Review featuring Dennis Edwards (7:30 p.m.)
- Aug. 15: Kansas (7:30 p.m.)
- Aug. 16: Marc Broussard (7:30 p.m.)
- Aug. 17: Pepsi Gospel Music Fest featuring Dorinda Clark-Cole (4 to 9:30 p.m.)
All of these shows are free with paid admission to the fair. The Free Stage, a permanent stage in the northwest corner of the fairgrounds in the Dow AgroSciences Celebration Park, can accommodate about 5,000 fans.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org