News Sections
Child Playing With Lighter Causes House Fire
Updated May 27, 2014 12:17 PM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(INDIANAPOLIS) - A child playing with a lighter caused a fire Monday night that damaged her family's home.

The Indianapolis Fire Department was called to the 3800 block of Kitley Avenue just before 7:30 p.m. When they arrived on the scene, heavy fire was showing from the single-story house. Firefighters were able to put the fire out in about 20 minutes.

A 5-year-old girl admitted to fire investigators that she was playing with a lighter and accidentally set a mattress on fire. Fortunately, she and her family were able to escape the house without injuries.

IFD reminds residents to keep lighters and matches out of the reach of young children.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File