WBIW.com News - state

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Two Escape Exploding Propane Tanks In Columbus Fire

Last updated on Monday, March 24, 2014

(COLUMBUS) - Authorities say two residents of a south central Indiana home escaped unharmed after a propane heater being used in a living room burst into flames and caused propane tanks to explode on the porch.

Columbus Fire Department inspector Matt Noblitt says occupant Lori Hawk unsuccessfully tried to extinguish the fire Saturday night by placing blankets over the heater, but flames spread to a couch and table.

The Republic reports Hawk helped another occupant, Adam Kamman, escape to the front of the house and police helped the two move to a safer area as propane tanks on the porch began to explode.

The fire caused $50,000 in damages.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page