News Sections
Two Escape Exploding Propane Tanks In Columbus Fire
Updated March 23, 2014 2:08 PM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(COLUMBUS) - Authorities say two residents of a south central Indiana home escaped unharmed after a propane heater being used in a living room burst into flames and caused propane tanks to explode on the porch.

Columbus Fire Department inspector Matt Noblitt says occupant Lori Hawk unsuccessfully tried to extinguish the fire Saturday night by placing blankets over the heater, but flames spread to a couch and table.

The Republic reports Hawk helped another occupant, Adam Kamman, escape to the front of the house and police helped the two move to a safer area as propane tanks on the porch began to explode.

The fire caused $50,000 in damages.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File