(ARLINGTON) - An electrical fire at a Rush County elementaryschool hurt no one, but forced officials to send kids home for the day Wednesday.
Rush County Schools confirmed at roughly 10:30 a.m., an electrical fire broke out at Arlington Elementary School in Arlington, Ind.
Officials said the fire sparked in the school's mechanical room.
The school, roughly 30 miles southeast of Indianapolis, was safely evacuated. Students headed to a nearby church where they were sent home for the day.
The Arlington Fire Department first responded, and the Posey Township Volunteer Fire Department is handling the fire scene as well.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org