(INDIANAPOLIS) - More than half of the non-fatal shootings in Indianapolis during 2013 were concentrated in just five ZIP codes, according to a report released in early March.
The Indianapolis Non-Fatal Shooting Review Board Report says the city had 354 non-fatal shooting (NFS) incidents in 2013, an average of 29.5 incidents per month.
More than half -- 55.65 percent -- of the incidents occurred in the following five ZIP codes:
- 46218 - 59 NFS incidents in 2013, or 16.67 percent
- 46208 - 40 NFS incidents in 2013, or 11.3 percent
- 46222 - 37 NFS incidents in 2013, or 10.45 percent
- 46201 - 31 NFS incidents in 2013, or 8.76 percent
- 46205 - 30 NFS incidents in 2013, or 8.47 percent
The NFS report was created by the School of Criminal Justice at Michigan State University.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org