WBIW.com News - state

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Two Children Released After Being Injured In House Fire

Last updated on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

(HAMMOND) - Two children are out of the hospital after being injured in a northwestern Indiana house fire that killed three siblings and critically injured their father.

A Cook County hospitals system spokeswoman tells The Times of Munster that the 2-year-old and 6-year-old boys were released Saturday from Stroger Hospital in Chicago.

Fire investigators believe a propane-fueled space heater started the fire Wednesday night at the Hammond house. Authorities say 7-month-old Jayden Young, 4-year-old Dasani Young and 3-year-old Alexia Young died from burns.

Stephanie Pittman tells the Post-Tribune her surviving grandchildren are in foster care and that she plans to ask a judge to award her custody.

The children's father remained in critical condition.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page