News Sections
Audio
Two Children Released After Being Injured In House Fire
Updated January 14, 2014 6:46 AM | Filed under: Crime
 Print    Archive    RSS

(HAMMOND) - Two children are out of the hospital after being injured in a northwestern Indiana house fire that killed three siblings and critically injured their father.

A Cook County hospitals system spokeswoman tells The Times of Munster that the 2-year-old and 6-year-old boys were released Saturday from Stroger Hospital in Chicago.

Fire investigators believe a propane-fueled space heater started the fire Wednesday night at the Hammond house. Authorities say 7-month-old Jayden Young, 4-year-old Dasani Young and 3-year-old Alexia Young died from burns.

Stephanie Pittman tells the Post-Tribune her surviving grandchildren are in foster care and that she plans to ask a judge to award her custody.

The children's father remained in critical condition.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2017 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback