Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Monday, November 18, 2013
(INDIANAPOLIS) - Three central Indiana high school marching bands made it to the Bands of America Grand National Championship final round Saturday at Lucas Oil Stadium.
Carmel High School placed 2nd, Avon High School followed in 3rd place and Lawrence Central landed an 8th place spot.
In all, nine Indiana high school bands were among the 91 ensembles competing for marching band title.
Outstanding high school marching bands from 19 states, including Indiana, competed in one of the nation's most prominent marching band championships.
A panel of nationally recognized music educators and marching arts experts evaluated each band. Then, 30 bands from Thursday and Friday's preliminary competition advanced to Saturday's Semi-Finals. The top 12 scoring bands on Saturday then moved on to the evening Finals competition, where the Grand National Champion was named.
The final results for Grand National Champion:
1. 96.80 - The Woodlands (TX) - 6 time Grand National Finalist
2. 95.45 - Carmel (IN) - 2 time Grand National Champion and 18 time Grand National Finalist
3. 94.85 - Avon HS (IN) - 3 time Grand National Champion and 12 time Grand National Finalist
4. 93.95 - Round Rock HS (TX)
5. 93.25 - Marcus HS (TX)
6. 92.90 - William Mason HS (OH)
7. 91.85 - Harrison HS (GA)
8. 89.95 - Lawrence Central HS (IN) - 2 time Grand National Champion and 17 time Grand National Finalist
9. 89.55 - Marian Catholic HS (IL)
10. 89.20 - L.D. Bell HS (TX)
11. 88.90 - Cedar Ridge HS (TX)
12. 85.95 - Ayala HS HS (CA)
Carmel HS also received the Steve Brubaker Outstanding Visual Performance Award.
From Indiana, Ben Davis, Center Grove, Lake Central, Castle, Monrovia, Shortridge Magnet & Western high schools also competed this week.
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page