Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Thursday, October 3, 2013
(VANDERBURGH CO.) - The Scott Township Fire Department responded to the scene of house fire in northern Vanderburgh County.
WFIE reports the fire broke out around 6 a.m. Wednesday at 3439 Lost Creek Drive.
Firefighters say when they arrived on scene flames were shooting ten feet in the air from the garage and the fire was spreading to the house's attic.
Officials tell us a family of four lives in the home, but they were all able to get out safely.
It took about an hour for firefighters to extinguish the flames.
Authorities say the home is a complete loss.
Fire investigators tell 14 News the fire started in the garage's electrical box and appears to be accidental.
The Red Cross offered to help the family, but they refused. They will instead stay with family and friends.
1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page