News Sections
Report: Baby Died From Drug Overdose Through Mom's Breast Milk
Updated September 4, 2013 7:50 AM
 Print    Archive    RSS

(SACRAMENTO, Calif.) - Ryder Salmen died in September 2012 after overdosing on a fatal cocktail of Xanax, methadone and the painkiller Opana, officials confirmed.

Records showed a delay by Sacramento County Child Protective Services in responding to the case of the infant who was considered at risk after tests found he was exposed to drugs through his mother's milk, reported.

The 8-month-old boy's mother had been warned five months earlier to stop breastfeeding because of high levels of methadone found in her baby's bloodstream.

Documents obtained under the California Public Records Act by the Sacramento Bee show that social workers were required to create a safety plan for Ryder for him to remain in his mother's custody.

However, the Bee found evidence of delay in completing the safety assessment in Ryder's case.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File