WBIW.com News - state

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Leaking Moped Sparks Indianapolis Fire

Last updated on Monday, September 23, 2013

(INDIANAPOLIS) - A leaking moped started an apartment fire Sunday, one of two early morning incidents.

A resident of the Dawson Village Apartments told firefighters that just after midnight he brought his moped inside his apartment, and then noticed it was leaking fuel. The moped was still hot, and caught fire.

The owner of the moped evacuated the apartment, which suffered an estimated $50,000 worth of damage in the fire.

A second fire on the 8000 block of E. 11 th Street did an estimated $15,000 worth of damage.

No one was home at the time of the fire.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page