News Sections
Leaking Moped Sparks Indianapolis Fire
Updated September 22, 2013 1:07 PM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(INDIANAPOLIS) - A leaking moped started an apartment fire Sunday, one of two early morning incidents.

A resident of the Dawson Village Apartments told firefighters that just after midnight he brought his moped inside his apartment, and then noticed it was leaking fuel. The moped was still hot, and caught fire.

The owner of the moped evacuated the apartment, which suffered an estimated $50,000 worth of damage in the fire.

A second fire on the 8000 block of E. 11 th Street did an estimated $15,000 worth of damage.

No one was home at the time of the fire.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File