(SANTA CLAUS) - Next May, Holiday World amusement park will look a little different as the owners said they plan to expand and add new attractions.
Holiday World announced Friday they will "add a classic swinging ship ride" named the Mayflower to its Thanksgiving-themed section of the park. The ride will hold ups to 60 riders and swing 54 feet in the air over a pool of water.
Park president, Matt Eckert, said Holiday World has a few projects set for 2014.
Projects for 2014 include:
- Friday Night Fireworks (Friday evenings from June 13 through August 1)
- Extended Splashin' Safari hours
- Summer Fun Card program, for multi-day summer visits
- New restaurant and shop in Splashin' Safari
- Covered-bridge entry to Thanksgiving section
- More cabanas
- Additional benches and shade structures
- Parking lot improvements
Eckert said the improvements will cost about $8 million and the cost will not translate to an increase in ticket prices.
Holiday World & Splashin' Safari will reopen to the public on September 14 and 15 after being closed this weekend for private outings. Happy Halloween Weekends begin September 21.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org