(EVANSVILLE) - An Evansville man is arrested on multiple charges after police say were called to a domestic battery complaint at an east side Evansville apartment.
Evansville Police say they were called to 1758 Hazlewood Sq around 4:30 Tuesday afternoon for a domestic violence battery that had just happened.
Officers say they found the victim in the apartment suffering from multiple injuries. They say her mouth was injured to the point that she had trouble speaking.
Police say she had been beaten up by 23-year-old Tydell McNeal. They say there were at least two other people in the home when the battery happened, including a small child.
The victim was taken to an area hospital for treatment.
Authorities say McNeal had left the scene on foot and officers began to search the apartment complex for him.
An officer saw McNeal running between two apartment buildings and began chasing him on foot. As the officer looked around the corner of the building, he saw McNeal pull a gun from his clothing. EPD says McNeal then pointed the gun at the officer.
The officer stopped at the corner of the building and told McNeal to drop the gun. McNeal dropped the gun and ran away from the officer.
The officer continued to chase McNeal until he tried to break into an apartment.
EPD says the officer ordered McNeal to get on the ground, but he wouldn't do it. Officers then used a taser on McNeal and were finally able to subdue him.
The gun was recovered by police and a check of the serial number showed the gun had been reported stolen in Vanderburgh County.
McNeal was taken to the Vanderburgh County Detention Center.
He was charged with:
- Intimidation with a Weapon, Class C Felony
- Battery to a Pregnant Woman, Class C Felony
- Domestic Violence in the presence of a child, Class D Felony
- Resisting Law Enforcement, Class D Felony
- Pointing a loaded Weapon, Class D Felony
- Possession of stolen Property, Class D Felony
- Possession of a Forearm near School Property, Class D Felony
- Intimidation, Class A Misdemeanor
- Possession of a Handgun without a License, Class A Misdemeanor
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org