WBIW.com News - state

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Residents Return Home Following Chemical Fire

Last updated on Saturday, July 20, 2013

(COLUMBIA CITY) - Residence in Columbia City returned home around 4pm Friday, after being evacuated for a chemical fire.

The fire at the C&R Plating Corp factory began about 1pm on Friday, causing city officials to evacuate the surrounding areas and ask residence to shut their windows and turn off their air conditioners.

Fire Fighters initially struggled to contain the blaze until they determined which chemical was the problem.

One employee was taken to the hospital after inhaling fumes and several firefighters and policemen were treated for a "burning sensation on their skin." All those affected by the chemical were treated and released.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page