(COLUMBIA CITY) - Residence in Columbia City returned home around 4pm Friday, after being evacuated for a chemical fire.
The fire at the C&R Plating Corp factory began about 1pm on Friday, causing city officials to evacuate the surrounding areas and ask residence to shut their windows and turn off their air conditioners.
Fire Fighters initially struggled to contain the blaze until they determined which chemical was the problem.
One employee was taken to the hospital after inhaling fumes and several firefighters and policemen were treated for a "burning sensation on their skin." All those affected by the chemical were treated and released.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org