WBIW.com News - state

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Puppy Euthanized After Firework Exploded In It's Mouth

Last updated on Tuesday, July 9, 2013

(ELKHART) - A puppy was euthanized Sunday after a firework exploded in the animal’s mouth, prompting an animal cruelty investigation.

Elkhart police were called to the 1200 block of Main Street on Sunday to investigate reports of children throwing fireworks at a puppy.

Executive Director of the Humane Society of Elkhart County Anne Reel, says the dog apparently caught a firework that exploded in her mouth, blowing off half of her face

The dog, a pit bull mix, was less than a year old.

The puppy was found shaking and bleeding excessively and was rushed to the humane society.

Reel says it was a terrible injury and there was nothing that could be done to save the puppy.

Police are still investigating the case.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page