News Sections
Puppy Euthanized After Firework Exploded In It's Mouth
Updated July 8, 2013 11:05 AM | Filed under: Crime
 Print    Archive    RSS

(ELKHART) - A puppy was euthanized Sunday after a firework exploded in the animal's mouth, prompting an animal cruelty investigation.

Elkhart police were called to the 1200 block of Main Street on Sunday to investigate reports of children throwing fireworks at a puppy.

Executive Director of the Humane Society of Elkhart County Anne Reel, says the dog apparently caught a firework that exploded in her mouth, blowing off half of her face

The dog, a pit bull mix, was less than a year old.

The puppy was found shaking and bleeding excessively and was rushed to the humane society.

Reel says it was a terrible injury and there was nothing that could be done to save the puppy.

Police are still investigating the case.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File