Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Saturday, July 6, 2013
(ELKHART) - Northern Indiana authorities are investigating whether carbon monoxide killed a couple who were found dead in their Elkhart home.
Police found 28-year-old Mitchell Rider and 28-year-old Jamie Hooker dead Thursday in their home. The couple's two dogs were also found dead inside.
Elkhart County Sheriff's Department Capt. James Bradberry says early indications suggest carbon monoxide poisoning was a factor in the deaths.
Relatives say Rider's father went to check the home when he couldn't get in touch with his son and found a car running in the garage. After calling 911, Rider's father collapsed but was taken to a local hospital when police arrived.
Officials haven't yet ruled on the couple's cause of death.
1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page