WBIW.com News - state

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Police Investigating How Man Got Chlorine In His Eye

Last updated on Sunday, July 7, 2013

(INDIANAPOLIS) - Police and firefighters are investigating how a man got chlorine in his eye at an Indianapolis swimming pool.

The 32-year-old man told firefighters the chlorine splashed over a wall at the Rhodius Park pool and got into his eye. He was treated at the scene.

Others at the pool said the man was in an area of the pool he was not authorized to be in and may have been messing with machines when he got splashed. Police are investigating those leads.

Indy Parks officials said the pool had been closed for the day and no one was supposed to be in the pump room area, which had been locked.

Firefighters with an IFD hazardous materials team found a pump with a small leak and shut the machine down, then cleaned the leaked material from the wall and sidewalk.

The pool will be closed Saturday and possibly Sunday so maintenance workers can assess the equipment involved in the leak. Park officials will make an announcement when the pool is able to be reopened.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page