WBIW.com News - state

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Family Blames WWE For Woman's Death

Last updated on Friday, July 5, 2013

(INDIANAPOLIS) - An Indianapolis mother died in 2008 after taking her two children to a wrestling event and her family said there are several groups to blame.

Ebone Monet of RTV6 reports, this week, her family won a small, but significant, victory in the Indiana Court of Appeals.

Susan Prim treated her sons Brodie and Tyler Prim to a World Wrestling Entertainment match, but toward the end of the action, Brodie Prim said his excitement turned to fear when his mother said she was having trouble breathing and collapsed.

The Prims were at what was then Conseco Fieldhouse for the nationally televised WWE Summer Slam on Aug. 17, 2008.

The Prims said smoke from the fireworks show in the final act caused the 36-year-old nurse to have a fatal asthma attack.

"She had been down too long without oxygen and she had no brain activity. They had her on life support but they told me she was already gone. The brain damage was so severe that she went from respiratory arrest to cardiac arrest and never came back from it," Prim said.

The Prims filed a lawsuit against each group they said was responsible for making sure the show was safe.

Some of the defendants mentioned in the lawsuit include the Capital Improvement Board, the city of Indianapolis, Pacers Basketball, LLC, Conseco Fieldhouse, World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. and various other pyrotechnic and entertainment companies.

Earlier in the week, the Indiana Court of Appeals sided with the Prims and decided the list of defendants stands.

The defendants said they would not comment on the pending case.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page