Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Thursday, June 20, 2013
(FORT WAYNE) - A northeastern Indiana prosecutor says police snipers acted appropriately when they shot and killed a man holding a 3-year-old boy hostage.
The Journal Gazette reports (http://bit.ly/16Jy8CT ) Allen County Prosecutor Karen Richards on Wednesday declared the shooting of 45-year-old Kenneth Knight in Fort Wayne on March 20 was justified. The boy wasn't injured.
Police say Knight pulled 49-year-old Jacqueline Hardy off a city bus and shot her in the face with a shotgun, killing her about four hours earlier. Hardy had obtained a protective order against Knight a day earlier.
Two Fort Wayne police snipers shot Knight simultaneously after he refused to leave the house or hand over the child.
Police Chief Rusty York said the snipers had been told to shoot if they could fire without risking the boy's life.
1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page