News Sections
Audio
Lightning Sparks House Fire
Updated May 19, 2013 10:15 AM | Filed under: Fire
 Print    Archive    RSS

(GREENWOOD) - A lightning strike caused a Greenwood home to catch fire Friday afternoon.

Fire crews responded to the home in the 2200 block of Leeward Court. The homeowner says he heard a loud thunderclap and felt his house shake, The Daily Journal reports.

The fire destroyed the roof and second floor of the house.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2014 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  About  |  Feedback