Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Saturday, May 18, 2013
(ANDERSON) - An investigation is underway in Anderson after second grader was left at school, nearly three hours after dismissal.
WTHI reports that no one knew the little boy was missing until he called 911.
The superintendent of the district, Dr. Felix Chow, says the male student was sent to the principal's office earlier in the day Wednesday, but somehow he got lost in the shuffle.
Chow says as some point the dean walked the student back to the classroom, but the child went somewhere else and fell asleep and was not found until he woke up and called 911.
Chow says the student told officials he fell asleep in a room. Thursday, school leaders were trying to figure out where.
As a result, the district is making changes.
"One part of the new procedure is to make sure that every adult will accompany the child to their destination. And if necessary, reverse the same process back to the classroom," Chow said.
Meanwhile, the district did report the incident to Child Protective Services. Superintendent Chow says the agency determined no further investigation was needed.
1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page