Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Monday, April 29, 2013
(INDIANAPOLIS) - A woman was taken to the hospital in serious condition Sunday evening after she went back into her home to put out a kitchen fire.
Fire crews were called to a residence fire in the 3900 block of Marietta Court shortly after 7:30 p.m. Authorities say those in the home were cooking when they left the stove unattended and a fire started.
All occupants evacuated the residence - one woman took a garden hose and ran it into the residence, attempting to extinguish the fire.
The woman began having complications with asthma due to smoke inhalation and was taken to Community East Hospital in serious condition.
Damages are estimated at $3,000. There were no working smoke detectors in the home. IFD would like to remind residents, when there is a fire, evacuate, and do not re-enter the home.
1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page