Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Monday, April 29, 2013
(SOUTH BEND) - An Indiana woman was disgusted when she found a toad in a can of green beans that she bought on sale from Meijer.
Gloria Chubb, a retired nurse, was serving the green beans for dinner.
She said the discovery was more than enough for her and her son to both lose their appetites.
"I had it in my hand because I was trying to figure out what it was. And I took it out of there and it wasn't moldy bacon. It was a toad with parts of his little legs all in the green beans, other than that, he was fully intact," Chubb said.
The can was sent to the State Department of Health and they concluded the toad was processed along with the food at the canning plant in Wisconsin.
Gloria received an apology letter from the canning company along with $50.
Meijer said they are investigating the incident.
1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page