News Sections
Woman In Serious Condition After Fire
Updated May 5, 2013 12:13 AM
 Print    Archive    RSS

(INDIANAPOLIS) - A woman was taken to the hospital in serious condition Sunday evening after she went back into her home to put out a kitchen fire.

Fire crews were called to a residence fire in the 3900 block of Marietta Court shortly after 7:30 p.m. Authorities say those in the home were cooking when they left the stove unattended and a fire started.

All occupants evacuated the residence - one woman took a garden hose and ran it into the residence, attempting to extinguish the fire.

The woman began having complications with asthma due to smoke inhalation and was taken to Community East Hospital in serious condition.

Damages are estimated at $3,000. There were no working smoke detectors in the home. IFD would like to remind residents, when there is a fire, evacuate, and do not re-enter the home.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File