(INDIANAPOLIS) - The IU Health People Mover caught fire Wednesday night. Fire crews responded to the incident shortly after 9 p.m.
The Indianapolis Fire Department says IU Health is pulling the people mover back into its maintenance garage Wednesday night following the fire.
Fire crews received reports there may have been sparks or a fire in the electrical area underneath the unit.
No injuries were reported although there were three people on board.
Eleven people were rescued from the People Mover in 2009 when it became stuck on the tracks in between hospitals. Most of those on board were children.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org