Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Wednesday, January 23, 2013
(JOHNSON COUNTY) - Officials say homeowners trying to get warm caused three homes to catch fire in Johnson County.
The first fire occurred in the 3900 block of Tamara Way around 6:30 p.m. Monday. The Daily Journal report the homeowner and his family were home when the fire occurred, but were able to make it outside safely. Firefighters say the fire started in the fireplace and then spread to the attic.
The second fire occurred around 2:30 a.m. Tuesday morning in the 700 block of CR 100 West. The homeowners woke up to the smell of smoke. Fire officials say the fire started in the fireplace and spread to the home's floorboards. The couple and their child all escaped the house safely.
The third fire occurred just before 6 a.m. Tuesday in the 5400 block of West Whiteland Road. Officials say the homeowner was working on his car in the garage and some fuel got on to the floor, causing a space heater to catch fire.
1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page