(ANDERSON) - It's hard to see the extent of the damage done to the Anderson home ravaged by fire Wednesday.
Dustin Grove, of WISH TV8 reports, not much could be saved. Thankfully, both lives were.
It was 4:30 a.m. Wednesday morning. Firefighters were called to a house fire in the 2200 block of Park Road and were on the scene in minutes. One person was able to get out on their own. But the person said someone else was still inside.
Battalion Chief Larry Towne, says firefighters entered the home quickly and kept the fire knocked down so other firefighters could search the living room area and then other rooms.
They found a man lying on the floor of a back bedroom - unconscious but alive.
Firefighter Eli Marshall dragged the man along with others out of the burning home and got him to paramedics where they loaded him into a waiting ambulance.
Battalion Chief Towne believes the fire started when the man woke up and began to cook something but apparently fell back asleep. The victim was taken to a local hospital to be evaluated. He is expected to survive.
Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org