WBIW.com News - state

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Library Evacuated For Smoke Near Children's Area

Last updated on Tuesday, October 30, 2012

(BARTHOLOMEW COUNTY) - The Bartholomew County Library was evacuated Monday afternoon after a haze of smoke was seen.

Firefighters say a burned vent motor fan in a utility room near the children's section was the source of the smoke. The lower level of the library suffered very little damage from the motor and minimal damage from the firefighters.

The smoke did not reach the upper level of the library, our partners at the Republic report.

Officials say the children's area will most likely reopen later in the day. The library will use box fans to help draw out the smoke smell.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page