News Sections
Library Evacuated For Smoke Near Children's Area
Updated May 5, 2013 12:12 AM
 Print    Archive    RSS

(BARTHOLOMEW COUNTY) - The Bartholomew County Library was evacuated Monday afternoon after a haze of smoke was seen.

Firefighters say a burned vent motor fan in a utility room near the children's section was the source of the smoke. The lower level of the library suffered very little damage from the motor and minimal damage from the firefighters.

The smoke did not reach the upper level of the library, our partners at the Republic report.

Officials say the children's area will most likely reopen later in the day. The library will use box fans to help draw out the smoke smell.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File