News Sections
Kids Start Garage Fire With Magnifying Glass
Updated May 5, 2013 12:11 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

(MARION) - Kids playing with a magnifying glass caused a garage fire in Marion, officials said.

The Marion Fire Department was dispatched Thursday evening to the 400 block of East Lincoln Street, where they found a garage and a nearby pickup truck in flames.

Witnesses initially told fire investigators that juveniles had been seen lighting fireworks behind the garage just before the fire started, but Marion Mayor Wayne Seybold said kids with a magnifying glass were to blame for the blaze.

Crews later determined that the garage had been converted into an apartment. The occupants of the apartment lost all of their possessions in the fire.

The house sustained heavy damage from the heat, and a neighboring house and garage were also damaged.

No injuries were reported.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File