WBIW.com News - state

Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana

Vincennes Apartment Fire Ruled Accidental

Last updated on Thursday, March 15, 2012

(VINCENNES) - Investigators rule a southern Indiana apartment fire as accidental.

The Monday night fire on College Street in Vincennes left 5 families homeless.

Local fire officials and the State Fire Marshalls Office spent a couple of days looking at the rubble and concluded the fire was an accident, according to Mike Grant with WTHI.

Officials say the blaze began when some coals from a grill on a second floor balcony spilled and spread into the area between upstairs floor and the downstairs ceiling.

The building is considered a total loss.

1340 AM WBIW welcomes comments and suggestions by calling 812.277.1340 during normal business hours or by email at comments@wbiw.com

© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to go back to previous page