News Sections
Audio
Vincennes Apartment Fire Ruled Accidental
Updated May 5, 2013 12:10 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

(VINCENNES) - Investigators rule a southern Indiana apartment fire as accidental.

The Monday night fire on College Street in Vincennes left 5 families homeless.

Local fire officials and the State Fire Marshalls Office spent a couple of days looking at the rubble and concluded the fire was an accident, according to Mike Grant with WTHI.

Officials say the blaze began when some coals from a grill on a second floor balcony spilled and spread into the area between upstairs floor and the downstairs ceiling.

The building is considered a total loss.



« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to comments@wbiw.com

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW


1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2017 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.   WBIW.com and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback