Brought to you by WBIW News and Network Indiana
Last updated on Monday, January 9, 2012
(INDIANAPOLIS) - The Indiana Office of Tourism Development on Friday named the 16 sandwiches that were the top vote-getters in the “Super 46” campaign.
The promotion, in conjunction with the Indianapolis Super Bowl Host Committee and Indianapolis Monthly, aims to showcase Indiana restaurants and foods to Super Bowl visitors. Votes are accepted at super46.com.
Almost 102,000 votes were cast in the first three days of the promotion, cutting the 46-sandwich field to 16.
"We are excited by the tremendous response that we have had from Hoosiers statewide about their favorite sandwiches," said Amy Vaughan, director of the Indiana Office of Tourism. "Our first round of 16 finalists includes six sandwiches from outside of Indianapolis, including the top three spots."
Here are the top 16 sandwiches from the first round of competition:
1. Bratwurst | Schnitzelbank (Jasper)
2. Duane Purvis All-American | Triple XXX Family Restaurant (West Lafayette)
3. Ultimate Grilled Tenderloin | The Streamline Family Restaurant (Rochester)
4. Beef Tongue Cheese Steak | The Local Eatery & Pub (Westfield)
5. Hamburger | Hinkle's Sandwich Shop (Madison)
6. Breaded Tenderloin | Nickle Plate Bar & Grille (Fishers)
7. Roast Pork Po' Boy | Papa Roux (Indianapolis)
8. Mile High Club Sandwich | Rock Cola 50s Cafe (Indianapolis)
9. Double Cheeseburger | The Working Man's Friend (Indianapolis)
10. Reuben | Shapiro's Delicatessen (Indianapolis)
11. Meatball Sub | The Historic Steer-In (Indianapolis)
12. Pot Roast Sandwich | Hobnob Corner Restaurant (Nashville)
13. Grilled Cheese Sandwich | Fair Oaks Dairy Farm (Fair Oaks)
14. Boogie Monster | Boogie Burger (Indianapolis)
15. St. Elmo Prime Rib Sandwich | Harry & Izzy's (Indianapolis)
16. Buddy's Shrimp Roll | The Barking Dog Cafe (Indianapolis)
More voting will take place through Feb. 2.
© Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Click here to go back to previous page