News Sections
Carmel City Council Considering Insurance Paid By Taxpayers
Updated May 5, 2013 12:09 AM | Filed under: WBIW News
 Print    Archive    RSS

(CARMEL) - The Carmel city council is considering an ordinance that would give councilors the option of receiving health and life insurance paid in part by taxpayers.

Councilor Rick Sharp says the councilors who choose to receive the coverage would pay 25 percent of the premium. Councilor John Accetturo says the other 75 percent would be paid by the taxpayers.

Accettro said it amounts to a $20,000 benefit for a part-time position that pays $16,000. Sharp says the amount of the benefit would vary depending on the type of coverage, if any, chosen by the councilors.

« Previous Article
Next Article »

 Print    Archive    RSS

Have a question or comment about a news story? Send it to

Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW
Find more about Weather in Bedford, IN
Advertise with 1340 AM WBIW

1340 AM WBIW, Bedford's Place To Talk. Serving Lawrence and surrounding counties since 1948!

© 2018 Ad-Venture Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. and Listen Live Powered by HPC

Advertise  |  Careers  |  Contests  |  About  |  Feedback  |  Public File